Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Orthodox prelate faults Catholics on politically-correct approach

Moscow, Nov. 13, 2007 (CWNews.com) - The top ecumenical-affairs officer of the Russian Orthodox Church has criticized Catholic leaders for bowing to popular opinion in their public statements.

“More than one generations of Roman Catholic hierarches have been taught with the political-correctness idea,” said Metropoloitan Kirll of Smolensk, speaking to a group of students in Moscow. The Russian prelate said that in ecumenical talks, Orthodox leaders have sought to warn Catholic bishops that if they become overly concerned about public opinion, “then one might turn traitor to his own identity;.”

SOURCE:

2 comments:

Byzantine, TX said...

I wish he had pointed out an example or two. In America at least the Catholic Church is daily attacked by the media for refusing to bow to the political correctness of the day.

Sophocles said...

Josephus Flavius,

Yes, these news articles don't give enough details.

And I agree with you about the ill treatment of the Roman Catholic Church in the media.

At the end of all my news posts I do leave the source for the reader to pursue further if they wish.

I myself often see many flaws in most of these articles but do not comment most of the time as I do not have enough of that commodity-Time-available to do so.

I'm not sure if you noticed that the source is from "Catholic World News". If you follow it, you may be able to obtain a more detailed description of this same article.