Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mom's Video

I was visiting with Mom and Dad the other day and Mom was so excited about showing me this video that caught her eye. She mentioned several times as she was showing it to me that "We need to go to Greece again, plan it". I have not been there since 1991, when I was 21 years old and was a much different person then, as the photos will evidence.

Here's Mom's video:






Here are the pictures from Greece of me and some of my friends.












Now this photo is not from Greece but from Montreal, Canada in my cousins' home's basement. It was not wise to fall asleep around us, for things like this happened to those unfortunate enough to actually succumb to sleep(at about 5:00-5:30 am or so if I remember correctly).

(My cousin Chris sleeping like a baby as we diabolically set about doing him up)
(click to enlarge the photo. Poor Chris.)

Chris' brother Peter has already told me he has pictures where they gave me the same treatment. If I get those, I will post them.

7 comments:

pete said...

Now that is really funny!! i think we should also take out the pics of when we did you up..hahahaha.. we where bad!!!!

Sophocles said...

Pete,

Hey cuz, thanks for the response. I would love to see those if you have them. If they're not too bad(lol!) I will post them. Yeah, we were bad! Lots of laughs and good times in those days.

Dixie said...

Kudos to your mom for creating such a nice video. In your photos you look...young...yes, that's it! :)

I am so excited as I will go to Greece for the first time in May of next year with my priest and some folks from the Church and anyone else who decides to go with us. We are doing a "Discover Greece, Discover the Early Church" tour. Father Anthony is an iconographer and lived in Greece for 6 years studying iconography so he will educate us along the way.

Sophocles said...

Dixie,

That is so cool! I definitely would like to get to Greece again and view it through different eyes. Who knows, it may be next year as well. I don't possibly see how I could make it this year.

As for the photos, yes, younger, is the best way to put it. :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I went to Greece in 2000, 4 years before I became Orthodox. I would love to go back now.

The video is great. And I love the photos...makes me nostalgic (I graduated from high school in 1989, so the hair & clothes take me back :-))

You have a great blog!

Juliana

Sophocles said...

mercifuljuliana,

Thanks for visiting and the compliment! Yeah, I became nostalgic when my mom pulled out those photos the other day and said to myself that I just had to post them.

I returned to the Church about the same time you entered(after being absent basically my whole life) so we're both somewhat newbiews still.

A blessed Pascha to you and your family.

In Christ,

Jay Dyer said...

Funny stuff, dude!