Friday, April 10, 2009

Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Cheff Jonny!

Just in case people don't know, I and my brothers Constantine and Yianni own a Greek restaurant, Kyklos Greek Cafe in Las Vegas(Henderson to be exact).

We have been doing this business together for almost 7 years now and it has been a challenge but very gratifying all the same. We have of late started sharing our Holy Faith with these new cards(which I will post on when I remember to bring some home). We were inspired by Saint Nektarios of Pentopolis for this idea and it has been so wonderful sharing Orthodoxy in this manner.

You can see more about us here.

Enough about this for now because I would like to bring to the reader's attention a new blog, Cheff Jonny, where in the comments box of one of the post's on this blog he wrote,

"I'm going to create a new blog for Orthodox cooking, recipes and cultural/ethno-food info. Thought you might think it interesting. check out cheffyboy.blogspot.com for updated info as to when and where."

This site looks really neat and it will fulfill a great need with fasting recipes(and non-fasting recipes). Chef says in his latest post,


"Well kids, I've made a hard decision. Some of you won't like it but many new readers will. I'm creating a new blog geared even more toward my own personal interests. I'm an Orthodox Christian first and a chef second and due to Lent, I'm not making much in the way of spectacular lately (at home) so I don't take pics of it. Although food is still interesting to me, I'm scaling back my diet for the fast and not spending as much time on the computer.
When my new blog starts up, it will be mainly an Orthodox recipe blog from your's truly. I hope to incorporate new recipes catering to the lenten fast including culturally Orthodox Christian dishes from around the world, maybe a few new twists to these old-world flavors though.
I guess I feel lost in the world of food blogs these days and starting out with a fresh idea is appropriate for the feast of Pascha. Maybe a new Lamb Roast will be my first entry...Stay tuned. Maybe I'll contact Euphrosynos Cafe to get them in on it! "

So please visit him often!

I will also add his blog in my sidebar under Orthodox Sites.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sophocles,

I didn't know you were a restauranteur! Sounds yummy! If I'm ever in Vegas, I'm coming. Greek food is great!

Sophocles said...

Father,

You would truly grace me with your presence! I would love the chance to serve you!