Sunday, December 02, 2007

Father Patrick the Monk and his blog "Sacred Traditions"

Sometimes in our stance it is necessary to pull back and re-examine what it is we believe and to redraw our inner lines on our beliefs.


I know from my own experience that blogging publicly and interacting with everyone out there has at times made me "nice" at the expense of being forthright. It is always a personal temptation for me not to be completely honest in fear of what someone may think of me.


This is heightened, as I observe it, by dialogue between faiths, especially those I often witness and take part in between the Orthodox Catholics and the Roman Catholics.



Venturing forth from one's ground and becoming muddled in our thinking is perhaps unavoidable in communicating with someone else, especially in these matters between the Orthodox Catholic Churches and the Roman Catholic Church, which both see themselves as the True Church and to a varying degree, depending on which person you ask and even on what day you may ask, sees the other in error.


Which brings me to the title of of this post and Father Patrick the Monk over at Sacred Traditions. I love reading what he writes as it is often so concise yet charitable. He has for a long time now engaged in conversation with various Roman Catholics and others about the Orthodox Catholic Faith and his answers are usually not hurried or lacking in depth.


In particular I would draw the reader's attention to his latest post God's Desire for Unity in which, if I'm not mistaken, Father Patrick does just that sort of redrawing of lines of where he stands in no uncertain terms. Truth to tell, I need to read these types of posts more often myself lest I forget and slip off into political correctness at the expense of preserving Orthodoxy's much needed and eternal message She carries which if mixed at the house of Compromise would no longer be Orthodox.


Many years to you, Father Patrick.

No comments: