Friday, October 09, 2009

Signers to "A Confession of Faith Against Ecumenism"

I made this post when I added the website, Iero Isichastirio Pantokratoros, to my sidebar. I receive their e-mails and when I do, I have been posting them here on this blog.

"A Confession of Faith Against Ecumenism", is the document referenced in this post's title which is increasing in names signing it to show solidarity with it's contents.

I have here two new e-mails showing the letters sent to makers of the document, "A Confession of Faith Against Ecumensim", stating solidarity with the document.





The first one came from here.

---------------------------------

Holy Monastery of Filotheou, Holy Mountain - signing of the "CONFESSION OF FAITH
Against Ecumenism
".
01-07-09

Honourable and dear in Christ Brothers and Fathers.

We humbly ask for your forgiveness, for the delay in our answer and the signing of the " CONFESSION OF FAITH Against Ecumenism" which you sent to our Holy Monastery, due to our absence abroad. We wish to extend our thanks for providing us the opportunity to take part in the justified uneasiness on the fostered progress and spread of Ecumenism through systemic and numerous other manifestations
In this, I remain with befitting honour, love and countless wishes for the success of the God pleasing intentions of the Congregation of the Orthodox Clerics and Monastics, we sign with pleasure and with feelings of responsibility, the said Testimonial Article against Ecumenism

The Abbot of the Holy Monastery of Filotheou (Mount Athos)

Archim. Nikodemos
And those with us in Christ Brothers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is from here.
-----------------------------------

Metropolitan of Kythira, Seraphim, (Church of Greece)

Letter - signing of the "CONFESSION OF FAITH
Against Ecumenism
".

My Most Reverend and honourable professor Fr. Theodore,
Christ Resurrected!

With great spiritual joy and mental elation I received and became breathless after reading the ponderous and inspired article of the Congregation of Orthodox Clerics and Monastics, the "Confession of Against Ecumenism".
I am in total agreement with all the points of this Orthodox testimony and gladly with all my "soul and heart" I sign it. I would rest even more if in the SYNOPSIS OF THE TESTIMONY (page18, para.3) you could add the condemnation of Arianism, which while of course it has not survived in its original form, yet it forms the nucleus of the preaching and the bedrock of the self styled "martyrs of Jehovah", who sow continuously weeds in the field of our Lord.
Congratulating wholeheartedly the Congregation of Orthodox Clerics and Monastics for this God pleasing initiative, I warmly plead to you to be allowed to enter this article in the website of the Holy Metropolis of Kythira for the erudition and the spiritual edification of my flock.

In this I remain,
With brotherly resurrection blessings

Seraphim of Kythira.

No comments: