Friday, April 04, 2008

Adding of a New Orthodox Blog-OrthoPraxy

I recently ran across this blog, OrthoPraxy and I really enjoy it. The blog's operator describes the purpose of the blog as the following:


What doth it profit, my brethren,though a man say he hath faith, and have not works?Can faith save him?

orthopraxy or
orthopraxis

an emphasis on correct practice (just as
orthodoxy is an emphasis on correct belief)

derived from Greek (ὀρθοπραξις) meaning “correct practice”.
Refers to Orthodox religious practices and may include both liturgical practices
as well as interpersonal acts. Orthopraxis (or Orthopraxy) is a function of and
contributor to the Orthodox phronema (Orthodox Mind) and has, as its aim, theosis (union with God).

This site began as and remains
primarily a journal of personal confession.
It’s not going to be
something one can easily sum up, categorize, or explain. Orthodoxy is like that.
Each person is so unique, that he is like an entire universe, and his salvation
is just as unique. Here there are also tools of orthopraxis that I have found
useful. I make no disclaimers, because even to disclaim something is to make it
a matter primarily of someone else’s interest.

In 2005, I was blessed as catechist to a pair of
catechumens
who lived at a distance from me. We met weekly in diners,
but we needed a way to exchange documents, information, and study materials
between lessons and, for convenience, I began hanging the items on this site.
Over time, more people wanted to study with us, both Orthodox and non-Orthodox.
While I made it clear that everything I contributed consisted either of the
works of others that are accepted universally in Holy Orthodoxy or of merely my
own opinion, I wanted to make sure everything was done openly and any such
things were publicly available and accessible to the proper oversight.
In 2006, the catechetical instruction
ended
,
and so the site returned then to its original purpose and
use as a journal (or “blog” as the current parlance would have it).
I was first introduced to this blog from this post having to do with a subject which I on this blog have also mentioned, FreeMasonry.
Please follow this wonderful blog as the posts are quite good and honest and reflective.
I will add the link to this site under "Orthodox Blogs" on the sidebar.

No comments: