Sunday, December 16, 2007

Blogging Hiatus


You may have noticed that I have posted the Saints and Feasts for the next several days ahead of time. I will be at Saint Anthony's Greek Orthodox Monastery for the next several days.
I ask for your prayers as out of a group of eight of us, only three of us are Orthodox and I so hope for my friends to come further into the Mystery of the Church. Whataver the case, let God's will, not mine be done.
When I return, I will only post the Saints each day and not anything else in observance of the rest of the Nativity Fast.
When I do resume posting, my focus will be taken off the topics of the New World Order, Freemasonry and the like as I have found myself sucked into a whole other world I never knew existed and it is dangerous to remain there without hurting myself spiritually as I believe began to happen to me.
This does not mean that these subjects will not receive attention, but it does mean that I will cease making them the focus of my attention and return my focus on Orthodox Prayer Life and Orthodox News from around the world.
This is all subject to change, of course as the subtitle under my blog's header states that I'm "reflecting on my journey through this world" and anyone on a journey reflecting will inevitably be pulled aside into many detours and investigations and new experiences.
This next upcoming year is a year in which I will change much, especially in the area of rest and pressure on myself. I have spent the last several years really pushing and I feel the need of some deep rest necessary for many reasons including my health.
So again, dear reader, I ask for your prayers.
Sophocles

2 comments:

Dixie said...

I hope you will share a bit about your visit to St. Anthony's. When I have visited my parents in Phoenix in the past they had encouraged me to go but when it's 120 degrees outside the thought of wearing long sleeves was not even reasonable. I will be in Phoenix again in the very near future visiting my dad and am extremely interested in how you set up a day visit, what you do while there, etc.

Also...I just added Fr. Matta's book on prayer life that you reference here to my Amazon wish list this morning! Hope I get it for Christmas!!!

May you find rest in Christ this coming year.

Anonymous said...

May you have a blessed and restful trip, Sophocles!