Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Ochlophobist-A Blog to Read during the Dormition Fast

The Ochlophobist has been posting an entry a day for each of the Dormition Fast days. He has stated that he will post on each day an entry related to the Dormition.

I have been reading his entries over the last several days and I cannot more highly recommend these posts. Owen writes, wedding his own personality and experience, into the fabric of these writings, connecting them with the Day on the Church's Liturgical Calendar.

He has a richness of vocabulary and an obstinacy in his character which he manages to convey in his writings organically. None of it is forced. This obstinacy and deep conviction are characteristics I personally admire in a person. And in this case, Owen's writings, I agree with much if not most of what I have had the opportunity to read of this man.

At the very least, tomorrow is his birthday. Stop by and wish him many years.

No comments: