Friday, September 18, 2009

Truth and Punk Rock

I couldn't resist. I ran across this old DRI(Dirty Rotten Imbeciles) footage from 1984 and it just blew me away. That era in music was very political but very real. The bands like this one stood behind their music and lyrics with their whole being. These guys just rip. This is before they went crossover or "metal"(and lost my interest). For all my old punk friends.


Most of my newer friends and many from that era that were into what was readily available musically simply won't get this band or the scores of others who are obscure and unknown by most. In many ways(I used to say and still do)this(I'm not necessarily only speaking about DRI here) era in music was the purest form of rock n' roll ever.

Feel it with this video if you're able.

7 songs in 4 1/2 minutes :

-I don't need society
-Reaganomics
-Commuter Man
-Plastique
-Why
-Balance of Terror
-My fate to hate


I think I need to write quite a bit more on my old punk rock days in the future. The music and the bands were the center of my life and Punk represented Truth for me or the search for Truth.

No comments: