Monday, November 02, 2009

Adding of a new blogger-Angela Damianakis

Angela and I recently spoke on the phone.

The experience of speaking with people for the first time whom I have only known electronically via the Internet is itself interesting. And my conversation with Angela proved to be no different for this reason but also interesting because, well, she and her work are interesting and worth looking into I think.

I have through my recent posting via the articles I have chosen to post voiced my concern with Ecumenism and the role His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I is playing.

I revere the throne in Constantinople but revere the upholding of Holy Orthodoxy more so. My allegiance ends to any Orthodox bishop who does not uphold the Faith in such a way as to not only fail to call those outside the Church in love to repentance to embrace the Orthodoxy they once held, but also when they cause scandal to the Orthodox faithful around the world with their actions.

His Holiness may not be compromising the Orthodox Faith per se yet in appearance at the very least he is.

Many who have searched long and hard to make their way finally to the Orthodox Catholic Church are being told both through His Holiness' words and actions that we and the Roman Catholic Church are "sister churches" and other like things, causing great sadness.

As well, being the "Green Patriarch" and embracing an ideology that is packaged as "the Orthodox thing to do" because it plays on the Orthodox understanding of the Creation made by God to be "very good" and to be held in stewardship. But upon closer examination this resemblance is only a cloak for giving the need to be "green" a much more secular meaning. It is a "green" that is not Orthodox but something else altogether.

But I digress.

In light of this, when I visited Angela's site, Elgreca's Road to 34220 the Phanar District, and saw the pictures of His Holiness with Pope Benedict XVI during the Pope's visit to Constantinople several years ago, I sort of assumed where Angela stood on the whole matter.

But after speaking personally with her I learned that she was actually there during the Pope's visit and the video on her blog was shot by her husband.

She also told me about her work with helping others using her practice, Ortho Praxis Consulting.

I really enjoyed our brief conversation and I am interested enough to check in over there so I will be adding Angela's site to my sidebar under, Orthodox Blogs.

Please visit her and comment often.

1 comment:

Angela Damianakis, LCSW said...

thanks for the post